Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Welcome to the wonderful world of Cosmetology!


As you begin your journey, it is so important to fully grasp the endless possibilities you have in this career. Many students go on to be fabulous hair stylists, make up artists, colorists, managers, owners, and so much more. 
I would like to touch on a few things that I have had the pleasure of doing and the amazing experience and knowledge you gain from each of them.
Being a colorist and working for a color company is quite possibly the most rewarding experience in the world of Cosmetology. Making a client feel good about themselves is such a great feeling.  As well as being able to look at a client as a blank canvas and having endless possibilities allows your creativity run wild!
Other then being able to make people feel amazing, which is the best thing you can ever do, you can also make a great living. 
Some cosmetologists consider becoming a color educator, which allows you to travel and explore even more possibilities. I thrive to educate my students as much as I possibly can on everything there is to know, but I am very open for my students to become a colorist. I know first hand how incredible it really is!

           Salon managers are another facet of the industry and I believe the heart and soul of any salon out there. Being a salon manager is a lot of work but at the end of the day, seeing numerous clients walking out with a smile on their face makes it all worth it! 
         A salon manager basically oversees everything in the salon. They are usually responsible for everything from payroll to handling clients. Being a manager means you have to be a team player and lead by example. It is vital that you have exemplary communication skills and the ability to command your audience. Again, salon manager is often a way to make an excellent salary, which is always a plus.

          As you can see I have only touched on 2 out of the never-ending possibilities as a Cosmologist. I hope this allows you to see that nothing is ever impossible and you have so many options once you obtain your license. 
         What is your career path? What are your goals and dreams? I hope to one day see all of you being the BEST that you can be!

-Dana Nucifora

Educator at Roman Academy

1 comment: